Trying to update Pro to 3.3 but being kicked out because of a "WebView2" error

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
Royce_Simpson
New Contributor III

According to my system, I already have webview2 installed and .net 8.0.4 Desktop Runtime.   When I try to upgrade my Pro installation from 3.2.2 to 3.3, I get an error, "ArcGIS Pro requires Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime(x64). ... ... ...".

I'm not sure what else I can do to get this to work.  I've tried "repairing" my WebView2 install and my .net 8 install to no avail.

x (x)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Royce_Simpson
New Contributor III

Not sure what the issue was with updating Pro through the built-in updater within the software, but when I downloaded the stand-alone 3.3 install exe, it installed fine. 

x (x)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I would suggest Tech Support, especially if you are using a machine in an organization and not a standalone machine.

There are a few articles on this WebView2, which I haven't heard about until today, but perhaps they will ring a bell for you

Problem: ArcGIS Pro, AllSource, Drone2Map and RealityStudio Require the Microsoft Edge Web (esri.com...

BUG-000153158 for ArcGIS Pro (esri.com)

Again, Tech Support would be best

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Royce_Simpson
New Contributor III

Not sure what the issue was with updating Pro through the built-in updater within the software, but when I downloaded the stand-alone 3.3 install exe, it installed fine. 

x (x)

0 Kudos