'The mosaic dataset item references files that are inaccessible' but no files have been moved

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
Labels (2)
AlexWellsYSE
New Contributor II

I am trying to publish a few mosaic datasets to ArcGIS Online as a weighted raster overlay. Each mosaic dataset was created using 'Create Weighted Overlay Mosaic' and contains just one 30m resolution raster. The challenge is that when I attempt to run 'Create Hosted Imagery' (following these steps), ArcGIS Pro tells me that the status of Data Upload is 'Failed.'

AlexWellsYSE_0-1714446417353.png

When I use 'Analyze Mosaic Dataset' to look into the problem, the only error I get is Error 70113 that 'The mosaic dataset item references files that are inaccessible.' I have been digging into this for a few hours and have not been able to figure out why Pro finds these files inaccessible. The file path for the mosaic dataset is C:\Users\aaw48\Documents\ArcGIS\LocalFiles\CC.gdb   and the raster (GRID format) it is based on is in C:\Users\aaw48\Documents\ArcGIS\LocalFiles\CoresConsv3. These are the original locations that these files were generated in and nothing has been moved, so I don't understand why I'm hitting this error.

More screenshots below. I'm running ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1 off of a university computer.

AlexWellsYSE_1-1714446515276.png

AlexWellsYSE_2-1714446808332.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GordonSumerling
Esri Regular Contributor

@AlexWellsYSE I am thinking the issue you see here is that the source imagery is GRID. This format is not one file but a complex structure. As a rule of thumb if I get these format images datasets I convert them to 32Bit tiff files. These then beome single files that are accessed by the Mosaic dataset and makes it simpler to process before loading to ArcGIS Online.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GordonSumerling
Esri Regular Contributor

@AlexWellsYSE I am thinking the issue you see here is that the source imagery is GRID. This format is not one file but a complex structure. As a rule of thumb if I get these format images datasets I convert them to 32Bit tiff files. These then beome single files that are accessed by the Mosaic dataset and makes it simpler to process before loading to ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
AlexWellsYSE
New Contributor II

@GordonSumerling saving the rasters as 32 bit TIFFs resolved the inaccessible files issue. Thank you!

However, the Data Upload in Create Hosted Imagery Layer is still failing. Do you have any idea why this could be? I don't think it's a licensing problem (I have license for ArcGIS Image for ArcGIS Online and my role allows me to publish hosted dynamic imagery layers, hosted tiled imagery layers, and hosted tile layers.

Create Hosted Imagery Layer Data Upload = Failed

AlexWellsYSE_1-1714501344770.png

The new Analyze Mosaic Dataset results:

AlexWellsYSE_0-1714501226538.png

0 Kudos
AlexWellsYSE
New Contributor II

Quick note that this follow-up error was due to this bug in ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1. Updating Pro resolved the problem.

0 Kudos