Suitability modeler and Presence only Prediciton

3 weeks ago
Labels (1)
sgonzalez86
New Contributor

Hello! Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how else to pursue this. The goal is to identify suitable habitat for species presence and predict this presence based on environmental trends.  I am working with harmful algae and environmental data across several years. Many of the sampling points are at the same location each year. I am trying to convert this point data to rasters so that I may use it for Presence only Prediction modeling and to create a habitat suitability map. However, I don't know what cell assignment to use or if I should interpolate instead of simply using point to raster since the data is stacked. The environmental conditions are related to the presence of HABs as well as the cell count so I am confused if I would create issues these relationships if consolidating data into a single point through these raster functions.

1. Would using "mean" cell assignment in the "point to raster" tool create inaccurate relationships for the presence only prediction? 

2. Would interpolation interfere with the time series data (several years, same points)

3. Do I have to work outside of ArcGIS to be able to analyze the relationships and weights of each variable (salinity and temperature). 

0 Kudos
0 Replies