Share Graphics Layer as Web Layer

02-12-2024 04:25 PM
Labels (3)
DaveBodak
Occasional Contributor

I am looking to upload system maps as a graphics layer onto a map in ArcPro, I would like to have it in a similar style to a feature layer in that I can add or subtract this to any map in AGOL without hassle.

When I go to share this graphics layer as a web layer from ArcPro to AGOL, I receive the following error:

Code 00102: The selected layer does not contain a required layer type of web vector tile layer

Does anyone know how I can solve this issue or is there a better way to upload these "graphics"?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ValerieCaden-Baptiste
Esri Contributor

Hi Dave, this is a known limitation. Publishing a graphic layer as a web layer is not supported in ArcGIS Online. Refer to ArcGIS Pro: Share graphics layers for more information.

There are several workarounds.

1. Share the map as a web map to ArcGIS Online:
    • In ArcGIS Pro, in the Share As Web Map pane, uncheck the Use symbol types compatible with all clients check box, and share the map containing the graphic layer as a web map to retain and view the graphics in ArcGIS Online. Refer to ArcGIS Pro: Share a web map using a selected configuration for more information.
  2. Share the graphic layer as a layer file to ArcGIS Online:
  3. Share the graphic layer as a layer package to ArcGIS Online:
    • In ArcGIS Pro, in the Share As A Layer Package pane, select the Upload package to Online account option, and share the layer package to ArcGIS Online. Refer to ArcGIS Pro: Create a map package for more information.
0 Kudos
DaveBodak
Occasional Contributor

Hi Valerie,

I appreciate your help! It seems that option (1) returns an error: "unsupported Graphic element present" and does not show in the AGOL map. I could do options (2) and (3) but they only allowed me to open them in ArcPro.

Is there a way to save these as a custom base map and upload them to AGOL?

Thanks!

0 Kudos