shapefile attribute table does not get all records

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
cskari
by
New Contributor II

I created a 0.01-degree fishnet (GDA 2020) in ArcGisPro. I used this grid file to get the attribute data of landuse raster file using the "Tabulate Area" tool. I received a standalone table. I used the 'add Join' tool to get lat long values from the 0.01 Grid file into this table. Then, I converted this Table into a points shapefile using "Display xy data". I want to make a shapefile with my desired coordinate system.  I can project and save it in a geodatabase. But the program I use does not read geodatabases. I tried to export it into a folder as a .shp file but the full list of records was not able to be processed. My xy events point file attribute table has 771682 records but the exported shapefile has only 645469 records

Any advice is highly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
GeeteshSingh07
Occasional Contributor II

@cskari , if I am understanding this correctly, XY event point file when exported as shapefile losses the records?

For troubleshooting:

What if we export the data as feature class (File Geodatabase)? Does it export all records?

If yes, export the feature class (File Geodatabase) as a shapefile, and verify if it exports all the records?

If no, check geometry (using GP tool) of the point features to verify if any of the XY point event holds null or corrupt geometries?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
cskari
by
New Contributor II

Many thanks. Yes, when I export the xy event file data into a Geodatabase, it exports all records. So, I see the same number of records in my ‘xy point event file’ and the file saved in the geodatabase. But I need to export as a shp file to a normal folder and the issue comes there.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GeeteshSingh07
Occasional Contributor II

@cskari , if I am understanding this correctly, XY event point file when exported as shapefile losses the records?

For troubleshooting:

What if we export the data as feature class (File Geodatabase)? Does it export all records?

If yes, export the feature class (File Geodatabase) as a shapefile, and verify if it exports all the records?

If no, check geometry (using GP tool) of the point features to verify if any of the XY point event holds null or corrupt geometries?

0 Kudos
cskari
by
New Contributor II

Many thanks. Yes, when I export the xy event file data into a Geodatabase, it exports all records. So, I see the same number of records in my ‘xy point event file’ and the file saved in the geodatabase. But I need to export as a shp file to a normal folder and the issue comes there.

0 Kudos