Selecting appropriate “Neighborhood Time Step” in Emerging Hotspot Analysis

09-29-2022 08:51 AM
Labels (1)
KasraJafari
New Contributor

Hi

What is the logic behind the selecting appropriate “Neighborhood Time Step” in Emerging Hotspot Analysis for infectious diseases?

In spatiotemporal analysis of the COVID-19 course presented by ESRI, the instructor enters 1 for the neighborhood time step but doesn’t mention why she selects this number.

I searched for similar literature and some of them used other numbers, but mostly used 1 without any explanation.

I’m trying to conduct an “Emerging Hotspot Analysis” in ArcGIS Pro 3.0. My data consists of monthly incidence rates of a specific disease in 5 years span (60 months in total). The data shows a significant temporal trend in most counties in which the incidence rate peaks in midsummer and hits the bottom in midwinter (this temporal trend complies with the previous studies). I created a space-time cube with an interval time step of 1 month and without time aggregation and when I enter numbers 1, 11, and 23 for the neighborhood time step I get different results and really don't know which one is true.

I’ll be happy if you can help me through solving this problem.

0 Kudos
0 Replies