Running a model in ArcPro and it is messing with the date format in my output file

294
3
Jump to solution
02-28-2024 05:25 PM
Labels (1)
DianaKing001
New Contributor

Hi
I have written a model using model builder, basically imputing a number of layers, doing a union, then a dissolve and outputting the result.

Within the model we have selected certain fields to be displayed, planned start date being one of them.
We made sure under fields to tick that it is a date and not integer field.

We decided to do the processing "in memory" and only output the final result to the gdb

Here is my question
When we look at the attributes on that final layer anything that was date is now showing as integer, even when you info the layer 😞

If we change it to process direct to the gdb then it displays correct, it displays as a date.

Anyone know why this is or come across this before?  What was your fix?

 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GeeteshSingh07
Occasional Contributor II

@DianaKing001 I couldn't reproduce this on my end. Which version of ArcGIS Pro you're using?

I used ArcGIS Pro 3.2.0. Either way, union & dissolve as in memory or in gdb, I couldn't reproduce this issue.
My workflow is:

GeeteshSingh07_0-1709200327277.png

Input Layer:

GeeteshSingh07_1-1709200390432.png


Output Layer:

GeeteshSingh07_2-1709200449764.png

 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
GeeteshSingh07
Occasional Contributor II

@DianaKing001 I couldn't reproduce this on my end. Which version of ArcGIS Pro you're using?

I used ArcGIS Pro 3.2.0. Either way, union & dissolve as in memory or in gdb, I couldn't reproduce this issue.
My workflow is:

GeeteshSingh07_0-1709200327277.png

Input Layer:

GeeteshSingh07_1-1709200390432.png


Output Layer:

GeeteshSingh07_2-1709200449764.png

 

DianaKing001
New Contributor

@GeeteshSingh07 First of all I want to thank you for your time in trying to replicate this and to respond.

I think I did a rookie mistake (face slap) and I forgot to maybe refresh the layer I was using in my contents once I ran the model.  
In honesty I didnt think I needed to but maybe I did. (we had open and closed the project a number of times)

I remember we went back days ago and change the date fields to be "date" and I was just running the model again (overwriting the layer) which we have already symbolized and labeled in our map.

Everything looked good until we look at the attributes or did an info.

However this morning I change the model back to run in memory and refreshed the database once finished and even logged out of the session and back in and added it direct to the map and it worked.

So it was either that or some little gremlin was messing with me! 

Thank you again.

0 Kudos
GeeteshSingh07
Occasional Contributor II

I'm glad that the issue has been resolved @DianaKing001.

0 Kudos