Replicates in the attribute table

Jump to solution
03-20-2023 01:29 PM
furry_ferret
New Contributor II

After the Add Join Function i have Object Id and Id replicetes in the attribute table. I tried to use the Add Field Tool but it didnt work so thats the only way i managed to extend the table. 

Does anyone know how to delete those replicates? By now its grayed out.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

If you post a screenshot of the tool parameters and of the error message, I and other users might find out why.

Have a great day!
Johannes

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

So you converted a raster to polygons, ran Zonal Statistics on the raster and now want those statistics in the polygons?

You used Add Join. This tool virtually adds all fields from the join  table to the target table, based on the specified relationship. The fields aren't really in the table (in the database). ArcGIS just displays them inside the current project. As they aren't really there, you can't delete them.

Multiple options:

• Hide the fields
  • Export the layer to a new feature class. That fc actually has all those fields, so you can delete them
  • Use Join Field and choose the fields you want to append to the polygon fc

Have a great day!
Johannes
furry_ferret
New Contributor II

Thanks Johannes, very kind! 

Yes, all true except i used Zonal Stat to Table and then added the values to the polygons.

I tried the Join Field Tool aswell but gives me errors all the time. Any clue why?

KG

0 Kudos
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

If you post a screenshot of the tool parameters and of the error message, I and other users might find out why.

Have a great day!
Johannes
0 Kudos
furry_ferret
New Contributor II

it just worked!

0 Kudos