"Staging Failed" when sharing feature layer

Jump to solution
01-16-2024 03:34 PM
Labels (3)
DaveBodak
Occasional Contributor

I am looking to upload a feature layer from ArcGIS Pro to ArcGIS Online, as we have done hundreds of times before.

I keep getting this new staging error that I haven't seen before, I even exported my layer as a FGDB directly from ArcGIS Online, imported it to Pro, and immediately turned around to share it without making any edits - it's still giving the error.

I can still upload other layers with no problem, but this one is giving me issues for some reason. Any help would be great, thanks!

DaveBodak_0-1705448026631.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DaveBodak
Occasional Contributor

Update: I realized Pro was out of date on my device and that ended up fixing the issue, I have had problems similar to this before a while back with symbology. 

It drove me in many different directions, I would repair geometry or change some settings and get a different error, but it all worked out in the end.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Eugene_Adkins
Occasional Contributor III

Shot in the dark, but are all the fields marked as visible when you’re publishing? I have seen a generic error when all fields are not visible but the layer has a setup that includes things like attribute rules.

0 Kudos
DaveBodak
Occasional Contributor

Update: I realized Pro was out of date on my device and that ended up fixing the issue, I have had problems similar to this before a while back with symbology. 

It drove me in many different directions, I would repair geometry or change some settings and get a different error, but it all worked out in the end.

0 Kudos
ChristineTombleson1
Occasional Contributor
Hi - I got this staging error and copied the error details that looks like a bunch of code and pasted it into Chatgpt and it told me there was an issue with one of my domains...I reviewed my layer and found the error. I suggest giving that a try. AI might be able to give you some hints on the issue for you to find it and fix it. I would have never been able to figure out what the problem was without it.
AmyKnight1
New Contributor

We just had a similar problem, limited to certain computers in the office getting the Staging failed error. Could not publish under any circumstances where they had been able to publish recently. With the help of Esri support it turned out that those machines had an out of date version of XToolsPro installed.  Without Xtools (or with the latest XTools) the problem was resolved. The incompatibility seemed coincident with a new release of AGOL.

0 Kudos