Python Scheduled Script Failing on Joins; runs successfully as tool

2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
EthanSmith2
New Contributor II

Has anyone had the experience of writing a python script that includes arcpy joins, scheduling it to run, and having the scheduled execution fail when it reaches said joins? What makes this confusing for me is that when I run the script manually, as a GP script (not right clicking the scheduled task and manually clicking Run), the script executes successfully. The scheduled execution of the script consistently fails after it confirms there are no locks on the layers it is supposed to join and then tries to commit said joins. It returns error code 000528 in Pro and Task Scheduler reports a Task Completed with operational code 2 and eventID102. But this is not true, since the task failed to properly execute.

Any insight would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AKRRMapGuy
New Contributor III

I have been working on a model in Model Builder that does a join and I have a ticket open for a massive number of different strange behaviors with it, including an 'add join' issue. Mine doesn't fail, it just returns fields that aren't in the table or layers being joined then the outputs are empty of course because those fields do not exist. Methinks there's some serious issues with using Python (and MB by extension) the execute some tools right now. 

Tech support is investigating.

0 Kudos