Select to view content in your preferred language

Publish a feature layer that using Enterprise database to Portal

Jump to solution
02-22-2024 06:55 PM
DRae
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I am new to ArcGIS Pro publishing to Portal. If I have a map on the ArcGIS Pro that that database or feature class in the Enterprise GeoDatabase. How can I publish this kind of layer to the portal? I have the Data store connection setup in the GIS Server already. I know that is the share function in the ArcGIS Pro, and I have setup the connection to the portal in ArcGIS Pro. Please advise. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Eugene_Adkins
Frequent Contributor

To create a published feature service that references your data with your Pro project, you’ll start with the share option in the ribbon (you can also create a hosted feature service, but usually with portal, users publish a service that references the data). Here’s the documentation from ESRI for the process. It may seem lengthy when reading through it but the process is pretty straight forward when your data has been prepped and you get used to the process. Your server version can affect functionality; there’s information about that in the same documentation.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Eugene_Adkins
Frequent Contributor

To create a published feature service that references your data with your Pro project, you’ll start with the share option in the ribbon (you can also create a hosted feature service, but usually with portal, users publish a service that references the data). Here’s the documentation from ESRI for the process. It may seem lengthy when reading through it but the process is pretty straight forward when your data has been prepped and you get used to the process. Your server version can affect functionality; there’s information about that in the same documentation.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
DRae
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi Eugene,

When I read the documentation, I saw under the server section, there is a Manage Registered Data Stores option. I am not sure if I need to do anything with that. First, I have the data stores setup already in portal and ArcGIS Pro they're using the same sde file. Do I need to do anything on this Manage registered Data stores in the share??

0 Kudos
Eugene_Adkins
Frequent Contributor

If the data has been registered with the server, I do not believe you have to involve the "manage registered data stores" process. Setup your service in Pro and be sure to use the analyze option before sharing; this will usually identify any major issues that need to be resolved before publishing.