Project fails to open in newest v3.0.3

01-03-2023 11:32 AM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been having a repeated issue where ArcGIS Pro v3.0.3 will not open my projects that were created and saved using v3.0.3. I keep getting the error message "Opening the selected ArcGIS project failed. This project was saved using a newer version of ArcGIS Pro : ." I am really at a loss here considering the projects are saved in v3.0.3 and that is the newest version of Arc Pro. A newer version for them to have been saved in literally does not exist yet. This issue occurs on both my desktop PC and on my laptop. Both are running v3.0.3. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Taren_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User 

Can you tell me if you are using SMB Transparent Failover? If you are unsure, please pass the question along to your IT department. 

0 Kudos
MarlinGössner
New Contributor II

I have the same problem.

0 Kudos
map-the-seabed
New Contributor II

Hello, I'm having the same intermittent but repeated issue with version 3.0.3 for a few weeks now and it's impacting deadlines. Does Esri know why this is happening?

0 Kudos
Taren_Esri
Esri Contributor

At this time, I would recommend opening a case with Esri Support, as the behaviour sounds like "BUG-000118431". This bug points towards irreversible data corruption, however, it may be possible to recover a portion of the project. 

Take care,

Taren

0 Kudos
map-the-seabed
New Contributor II

Hi Taren, unfortunately you're correct  - this is the bug that Esri Support identified in our case. Data in the GDBs is not corrupted but loss of edits in the APRX is damaging. File recovery does not sound viable in an already busy project environment.

0 Kudos