Pro 3.1 - Turn off key numbering

10-18-2023 10:35 AM
KeithAddison1
Occasional Contributor III

I have a Maplex labeling setup and it won't stop using key numbering.  How do turn key numbering off?  The group is set to default, I don't see anything in the group setup to disable key numbering.  I can put zero in the min/max allowed, but the program resets that to 2-20.  Map just had a click box to disallow key numbering, where is that in Pro?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor

It goes by label class. On the Fitting Strategy page of the Position tab, under Key Number, set that label class to use "None"

AlfredBaldenweck_0-1697650683445.png

0 Kudos
KeithAddison1
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks, that worked.  But seeing as all I have is the default label class in this project, why is this even necessary?  I never use label classes, so how would I go into the settings for the default labels class and make it so that disallows key numbering?  What if I made a new label class, where is the key numbering allowed/disallowed in that?  Why is key numbering stuck on in the default label class?  It makes no logical sense unless there must be somewhere else to disallow this.  Or is there some preset 'default' label class settings that just exist in stone for all time?

0 Kudos