Pro 3.1 - Point marker label symbols appearence

Jump to solution
10-02-2023 01:26 PM
KeithAddison1
Occasional Contributor III

I've imported a point marker symbol from a font and applied it to a label.  I can't find out how to set the point symbol fill to be non-transparent, ie I need that red line inside the shield to go away.

KeithAddison1_0-1696277918958.png

The text also remains stubbornly non-centered in the symbol no matter what option I seem to tweak.  It's already set to scale the symbol in all directions to fit the text, but its not quite making it.  Label engine is set to Maplex.

How can I do either of these?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JesseWickizer
Esri Contributor

The Offset Distance values are on the Point symbol Callout.

Expand Callout and click the Point symbol menu and choose Format point symbol...

In the Format Embedded Point Symbol menu, click the Layers tab to find the Offset Distance values.
FormatEmbeddedPointSymbol.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JesseWickizer
Esri Contributor

In order to block out the road underneath the road shield you need to select a road shield symbol that is filled instead of only the outline. Then assign a fill color to the background road shield symbol. For example, the ESRI Shields font contains characters for both the filled and outlined pentagon shape.

JesseWickizer_0-1696283627752.png

Select the filled pentagon character and then assign a fill color and a stroke weight and color.

JesseWickizer_1-1696283846335.png

As for your question about the symbol being off-centered - perhaps the character in your custom font was created off-center so it's not lining up by default. You could try adjusting the Offset Distance values to move the background shape to the desired position. 

JesseWickizer_2-1696283992644.png

KeithAddison1
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks, I got the symbol background to wipeout, I was just using the wrong version of this symbol.  Where are you fining that last offset option?  The only offset option I can find (shown below) moves the entire label object (text & point symbol together) but I need to just move the symbol relative to the text (or vice versa)

KeithAddison1_0-1696447320894.png

0 Kudos
JesseWickizer
Esri Contributor

The Offset Distance values are on the Point symbol Callout.

Expand Callout and click the Point symbol menu and choose Format point symbol...

In the Format Embedded Point Symbol menu, click the Layers tab to find the Offset Distance values.
FormatEmbeddedPointSymbol.jpg

0 Kudos