Population Density by Zip Code

04-15-2020 07:35 AM
chadhickman
Occasional Contributor III

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone knows how to readily find and calculate population density by zip code? I see some good populations density datasets on Arc Online via Living Atlas but when I pull them into Pro I cannot manipulate them at all (i.e. clip, join table, etc.). Does anyone know where 1. I could find this type of particular data 2. How I can manipulate the data from Arc Online?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BenTurrell
Occasional Contributor III

Hey chad hickman‌,

You could use the Enrich tool in ArcGIS Pro and use your zipcode polygons as an input. The tool does consume credits though. If this won't work for you let me know and I'll give you some other ideas.

Thanks,

Ben

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Chad - using ArcGIS Pro, I opened my Catalog Pane, clicked on Portal and finally the Cloud.  From there, I searched for "zip code" population and the first result USA Zip Code Areas (2017) I selected and added to a new map view.  In the map view, I searched for a zipcode, zoomed to it, click a Pop-Up and in the attributes there's a field Pop17_SqMi that might work for your purposes.

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Ii haven't used the Enrich process since... last week. As Ben Turrell‌ describes, it becomes your own data at that point...

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos