Select to view content in your preferred language

New Task: Creates File Geodatabase but can't see it

Jump to solution
02-26-2019 03:32 PM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

ArcGIS Pro 2.3: first time creating a task:  It's only two steps.  First step runs the Create File Geodatabase gp tool.  This is an optional step.  Second step runs the Feature Class to Feature Class gp tool.  However, if I navigate to the directory where my new fgdb was just created, I don't see the the new fgdb.  I can exit out of the task, start it again, skip the create fgdb step, and then I can see that fgdb.

How to I get the second task to 'see' the new file geodatabase I just created in the first step?

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

right-click on the folder name in the tree and select Refresh.  If it is like anything else, like creating a new featureclass in a gdb, the name of whatever doesn't showup automagically.  It is like a 'Refresh' is gone

Refresh a location's content—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

But if you use arcpy.mp and 'CURRENT' apparently life is good

Migrating from arcpy.mapping to ArcGIS Pro—ArcPy | ArcGIS Desktop 

but I don't use it, and I don't know if it applies to this sort of thing... but just the mapping stuff, but an FYI in case you have that in mind at some point

or try saving the project

ArcGISProject—ArcPy | ArcGIS Desktop 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

right-click on the folder name in the tree and select Refresh.  If it is like anything else, like creating a new featureclass in a gdb, the name of whatever doesn't showup automagically.  It is like a 'Refresh' is gone

Refresh a location's content—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

But if you use arcpy.mp and 'CURRENT' apparently life is good

Migrating from arcpy.mapping to ArcGIS Pro—ArcPy | ArcGIS Desktop 

but I don't use it, and I don't know if it applies to this sort of thing... but just the mapping stuff, but an FYI in case you have that in mind at some point

or try saving the project

ArcGISProject—ArcPy | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Yepper... That did it.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos