Network Analyst - identify disconnected parts of the network

01-11-2024 01:50 PM
Labels (2)
robertkalasek
New Contributor III

i have a pretty complex street network from a whole European country. the data is detailed concerning geometrical accuracy as well as categorial diversity. it spans street categories from hiking trails to motorways.
and according to the hierarchical organizational structure, different approaches to coding categories are found in different parts of my data.
what i want is to do multimodal routing on top of a single network and identify those edges that can be used by a specific traffic mode via restriction-settings on the network side and search criteria/snap settings on the Stops-side.
my problem is, that there are misassignments of street categories that result in isolated subnets. i.e. for instance a certain area where cars are allowed to drive which is connected to the rest of the network via edges that are reserved for pedestrians. running the routing results in locations that are allocated to that part of the network and returns an error since the routing can't reach the destination whenever it is located outside of the isolated subnet part.
these and similar situations do occur in serious magnitudes within a dataset of 2 mio edges.
up to now, i didn't find a tool that can do a topological analysis and identify every disconnected part of my network. i have been reading some information about utility-networks (where that kind of "find disconnected" tool exists) but an approach where I have to set up a fake utility-network out of my street data seems to be too complex to me. 
any ideas ? thx in advance

0 Kudos
0 Replies