MDB to GDB conversion error in Pro

03-20-2024 07:17 AM
KeithAddison1
Occasional Contributor III

I have ArcMap, I create new gdb and copy the mdb data into the new gdb.  ArcMap can read the new gdb data fine, put when I try to load it into pro I get this:

KeithAddison1_1-1710943867445.png

Why can ArcMap read from the new gdb but Pro can't?  The part I copy form the mdb to the gdb is an entire feature dataset that contains many feature classes.  The mdb data is from a utility company, so we're stuck with that format until they start using gdbs, which will likely be never.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Does the data have ArcFM extension on it?

I have seen a similar error when the client (Pro in this case) does not have an ArcFM reader installed.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
KeithAddison1
Probably, its from a large electric utility. We just need to see the line & point data, the ArcFM stuff is irrelevant to us. So I guess the question becomes how can I either strip the ArcFM objects out, or how can I install ArcFM for Pro? Whichever is simpler to do.
0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Not an ArcFM expert, but found this to convert it to Esri objects: https://myarcfm.schneider-electric.com/myarcfm/s/article/Remember-the-ArcFM-Solution-Object-Converte...

I think this would be run in ArcMap before coping to the file geodatabase......

--- George T.
0 Kudos
KeithAddison1

I've asked them where I can actually download this thing or if they charge for it now.  Documentation is terrible for their stuff.  It doesn't appear to be available anywhere.  In the meantime the workaround is export everything to shapefiles.

0 Kudos