Locator doesn't return correct results

2 weeks ago
AndreasB
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm currently configuring a streetadress locator.

But I'm running into an issue where not all of the streets that are defined in thet attribute table are returned when I use the locate. 

For example when I search for 'Hondbossen' only 'Hondsbos' will be returned but there is no street match shown for Hondbossen. 

I tried using a address locator but there the issue is I will not get any match until I will add a house number to my search.

Any directions? 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AndreasB
New Contributor II

@ShanaBritt  Would you have any input here? 

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

@AndreasB Where in the world is the address or street name you are searching for? Are you trying to just get a list of all of the street segments with the name 'Hondbossen'? Is 'Hondsbos' an alternate spelling for 'Hondbossen'? Was the locator created with an alternate name table?

-Shana

0 Kudos
AndreasB
New Contributor II

Hi Shana,

Thanks for the response! The locator is configured for Belgium. 
For the example: There are streets called respectively  Hondsbos and Hondsbossen in Belgium both in different cities. 

When configuring the street locator I would aspect that the locator returns both results when I type Hondsbos yet it only will return Hondsbos and it will ommit Hondsbossen from the result although it's a different street entry in my table. 

Why would it ommit it from the list of possible matches? 

Hopefully that makes it more clear, 

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Andreas,

Are you zoomed to an extent that covers both cities? Are you getting any suggestions by typing the street name or only when you include part of the house number? Are you expecting to get results like the suggestion in the screenshot?

ShanaBritt_0-1715014569613.png

Do you have the city or postal mapped when building the locator?

-Shana

0 Kudos
AndreasB
New Contributor II

Hi Shana,

Are you zoomed to an extent that covers both cities? Yes, but that doesn't give me different results
Are you getting any suggestions by typing the street name or only when you include part of the house number? Only when I include a house number I'm getting a result for Hondsbossen.

Are you expecting to get results like the suggestion in the screenshot? Yes that would be the end goal. 

Do you have the city or postal mapped when building the locator? I did this but this didn't improve the results.

Thanks for looking into this 

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

@AndreasB Would you be able to share the data you are using the build the locator along with the a picture of the field mapping you are using? The locator used in the screenshot in my previous response is from the StreetMap Premium Europe locator and it shows the results you are expecting for suggestions and search results correct?

-Shana

0 Kudos
AndreasB
New Contributor II

HI @ShanaBritt ,

In the meanwhile I have found that I wouldn't get results for certain streets due to the lines being multipart. Once these lines where converted to single part I would get my results.

I do still have a minor issue with the following: 

AndreasB_0-1715846278706.png

When  I fill in the number I now get two results, shouldn't the street result be removed when I add the housenumber? 

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

@AndreasB I'm surprised that you did not get a warning message after building the locator about the multipart lines. The results in your screenshot looks like a StreetAddress and StreetName candidate. If you do not wish to have StreetName candidates, disable StreetName as a supported category in the locator properties.

0 Kudos