Labels

Jump to solution
01-11-2021 07:01 PM
Labels (1)
karreno
New Contributor

Simple question - Labeling tab does not becomes active when I select one of my feature layers the others are fine. I'm assuming there is a setting in this particular feature class that somehow makes it different to the other feature classes. Can anyone shed some light on this please?

karreno_1-1610420273488.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WendyHarrison
Esri Contributor

Hi Karren,

The issue has been resolved with Pro 2.7 and the Pro 2.6.2 patch.  It was due to using the XY Table To Point geoprocessing tool to create the data.

If you have an issue with it after installing the Pro 2.6.2 patch, please let me know.

Thanks

Wendy

(I've somehow ended up with two accounts.  reposting under my main account as the other post will probably be deleted once this is sorted)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @karreno that does look a bit odd, looking at the screenshot t, I'm assuming the layer selected is the point featureclass, it doesn't appear to have any "label class" attached to it as well, from my understanding all features have at least one label class.

And yeah also doesn't appear to update and reflect that, there was an old BUG with a similar is for scene's: BUG-000093727 appears to be fixed now though.

If we bring the same feature layer into a new map or project do we still experience the same issue?

Regards

@KeiranBray 

0 Kudos
karreno
New Contributor

Hi Keiran, thanks for your reply. Yes it has no "label class" I tried to create one but it won't let me. The suggestion to bring it into a new map worked and it is now working fine.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Karren

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi - a couple questions

What version of Pro are you using? Did you use the XY Table To Point geoprocessing tool to create the data that is having issues?

thanks

@WendyHarrison 

0 Kudos
karreno
New Contributor

Hi Wendy,

I am using version 2.6.0. And yes I used the XYTable to Point tool. I opened the feature layer in a new map as suggested by another person and the issue has been resolved. But do you know if is this a common occuring issue when using the XYTable to Point tool?

Cheers

Karren

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User ah yes I do remember that issue with 2.6.2, awesome.

Thanks

@KeiranBray 

0 Kudos
WendyHarrison
Esri Contributor

Hi Karren,

The issue has been resolved with Pro 2.7 and the Pro 2.6.2 patch.  It was due to using the XY Table To Point geoprocessing tool to create the data.

If you have an issue with it after installing the Pro 2.6.2 patch, please let me know.

Thanks

Wendy

(I've somehow ended up with two accounts.  reposting under my main account as the other post will probably be deleted once this is sorted)

0 Kudos