Is there a way to add relationship between two features in ArcGIS Pro?

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
AbiDhakal
Occasional Contributor III

Hello GIS friends,

Good morning and happy Friday!

Is there a way to relate a polygon feature and a point feature in ArcGIS Pro?

I'm able to establish a relationship between a polygon (origin) and a point (destination) which is Composite and One to Many, but after I draw the polygon in ArcGIS Pro I'm not getting the option to add the points to relate them to the polygon.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and have a great weekend.
Abi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@AbiDhakal Are you following the steps to add selected features to a relationship?

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/editing/edit-feature-relationships.htm#GUID-3250CE2C-B...

Scott_Harris_0-1714748486938.png

The workflow would be:

1. Create the polygon
  2. Create the point(s)
  3. Attribute pane > Select the polygon and the point(s)
  4. Highlight the relationship node that exists under the polygon and right click.
  5. Choose 'Add Selected To Relationship'

View solution in original post

6 Replies
clt_cabq

are you expecting that creating the polygon to trigger some action requesting you to then input related points? I don't know that you can do that in Pro. You can create a survey 123 form that sort of does this but in straight editing in Pro creation of features/records in a relationship is a separate process as far as I know. 

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

Huh, that is not good that this may not be possible in ArcGIS Pro.

Well, when I make a feature service of the same data it allows me to add points after I draw a polygon in Web AppBuilder app. The problem is it does not allow me to do the same thing in Field Maps.

Any more insights will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.
Abi

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@AbiDhakal Are you following the steps to add selected features to a relationship?

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/editing/edit-feature-relationships.htm#GUID-3250CE2C-B...

Scott_Harris_0-1714748486938.png

The workflow would be:

1. Create the polygon
  2. Create the point(s)
  3. Attribute pane > Select the polygon and the point(s)
  4. Highlight the relationship node that exists under the polygon and right click.
  5. Choose 'Add Selected To Relationship'
AbiDhakal

@Scott_Harris 

Would you please tell me why this is not working in Field Maps. Please read this community post I posted yesterday. https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-enterprise-questions/relationship-class/m-p/1418398

I greatly appreciate your feedback and help.

Thank you,
Abi

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@AbiDhakal I'm not familiar with Field Maps. I moved your question to the Field Maps place. That should help. 

AbiDhakal

@Scott_Harris  - Thank you.