How to configure image pop-ups for unique values

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
ToniBisig
New Contributor II

I am creating a map with pop-ups that will have a different image pop-up depending on the country that is selected. As it is currently, when I click on any country it shows the same image, but the end goal is to have a different image for every country...I cannot find any options to change the image URL based on the unique value when editing the image in configure pop-ups. I found some answers about configuring Fields Options but I am needing the Image options and can't find anywhere to put in an Arcade expression or customize anything. Please advise, thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can specify the field in the URL (this shows the picture in the popup) and the Hyperlink (this opens a new window).

Here's an example that uses a thumbnail in the popup for a fast draw, but a full-size image for the new window. Each site has a unique photo.

Snag_13ef7e2.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ToniBisig
New Contributor II

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can specify the field in the URL (this shows the picture in the popup) and the Hyperlink (this opens a new window).

Here's an example that uses a thumbnail in the popup for a fast draw, but a full-size image for the new window. Each site has a unique photo.

Snag_13ef7e2.png

ToniBisig
New Contributor II

I tried that and any alterations I make to the URL/hyperlink cause the image pop-up to not display correctly once the changes are saved. It displays a tiny image icon rather than the actual image itself.

With your example {Site_ID} is that the field or the unique value? 

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That's the field, which contains a value like "AA2017_258", which is part of the url of the photo. I made a fake one in the image I sent, but the working version of the string in the hyperlink field looks like this: "https://www.nodc.noaa.gov/archive/arc0166/0222391/2.2/data/0-data/LakeMichigan_2017_2018_Videos_Photos/Photos/{Site_ID}_1.png" while the URL uses this for the thumbnail: "https://www.nodc.noaa.gov/archive/arc0166/0222391/2.2/data/0-data/LakeMichigan_2017_2018_Videos_Photos/Photos/thumbnails/{Site_ID}_1.png"

What would be an example of a URL for you and what field would hold the unique part of it?

0 Kudos
ToniBisig
New Contributor II

Here is the link I'm using for both the "URL" and "Hyperlink" field:

https://usfs-public.box.com/shared/static/905awnj2n7sy8z5aacutuuqt9e8lk3c5.png 

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

How do you link a feature to an image? Is there a field in the country layer that contains the URL for each country?

ToniBisig
New Contributor II

Sorry for the late reply. I did indeed add a field which has a different URL for each country. Then in the configure pop ups pane it looked like this. That way, anytime a feature is identified, a different image comes up depending on the country that was clicked on. Appreciate your help!