Graphics Layer/annotation layer not printing

01-17-2023 09:31 AM
learnasyougo
New Contributor

Hi,

Im using a graphics layer to add annotations to site maps, when I try to print to a map from my map series some of the graphics disappear. For example:

• I have graphic/annotations that are just text boxes with a border, color filled background, and text inside. The text will not print, just the color filled polygon
  • An other map there are several copies of the same annotation (same as the above bullet), but the text will only print on 1/5. The remaining 4 are just a color filled polygons.
  • An other map had an annotation cut off by a vertical line, text was printed left of the line and not printed right of the line. I printed this map straight to the printer instead of as a pdf and the vertical line that cut the text off was in the same place as those invisible gridlines that appear if you print straight to a printer.

I've tried doing just a polygon/shape graphic with a text graphic layered on top of it, and still have the same issues where some of the graphics print and some don't.

Anyone have any insight into this issue and how to go about fixing it/getting all annotations to print correctly?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi learnasyougo, 

I'm not aware of any issue with map graphics being dropped in the print of export result for a map series.

The problem you are running into may be specific to your data/workflow. Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos