Geodatabse 'ghost' feature dataset and feature layer duplicates

Jump to solution
01-17-2024 10:47 AM
Labels (3)
tmo
by
New Contributor III

Hello,

Long story short, I reprojected my data into WGS 84 without realizing they would be exported into the same master source gdb, deleted the duplicates, but now see ghost duplicates of feature datasets and feature classes of what I deleted when first opening ARC Pro.

Refreshing the geodatabase removes said ghosts, however, I am afraid that this problem will carry over to my data backup dataset and online data were I to update them.

Since then I deleted the duplicate feature dataset for all duplicates; however I still see the 'ghost' of the feature datasets below the real one. This seems to be an intermittent issue and goes away when I refresh my geodatabase.

I want to update my online data and backup data with this layer as it is the main layer, yet I do not want to export this problem to all my data. I have no way of going backwards with my Master gdb which is experiencing these ghost feature data sets and layers.

I have exported the master gdb into a folder to see if the problem is duplicated, yet I did not see any issue. I deleted the original gdb and copied the test gdb to replace, but I am still getting this issue today.

Images from today 10:45 PT

Ghost feature dataset duplicates

tmo_0-1705516766068.png

Ghost duplicate feature classes

tmo_1-1705517120239.png

Post geodatabase refresh

tmo_2-1705517184092.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

There's a similar post here with a solution that discusses exactly what you're seeing.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

There's a similar post here with a solution that discusses exactly what you're seeing.

tmo
by
New Contributor III

Robert, thank you very much for looking at my question and answering.

This user stated this occurred from an update where mine was a user error where data was copied and pasted within the same gdb. I will see if this fixes the issue.

tmo
by
New Contributor III

@Robert_LeClair that might have worked. I renamed the ESRI file to ESRI_OLD in both locations, for the local and roaming folder. 

It also created a new ESRI file with today's date. Interestingly, it gave the ESRI_OLD a date of 12/7/2022, not sure why.

Upon start up of my working Pro file it had a loading window that said something about creating a Geoprocessing folder or something of that nature, I am forgetting.

I am going to restart and see if that did the trick.