Geocode locator that honors blank spaces

10-25-2022 12:19 PM
BryanLynn1
New Contributor III

I am trying to create a locator to lookup parcels. Parcel ids in our system can have two blank spaces in the id (for example: 024--00302 where the hyphens are empty spaces i.e. 024  00302).

When I create a locator for these values, ArcGIS Pro reduces the two spaces to a single space. The search box in Pro and other web applications will allow you to keyin both spaces, and it will find the value with a single space and include it in the suggestions. I can even locate the parcel on the map. However, the fact that it returns the parcel id with a single space causes problems for other downstream processes.

Obviously, I can grab the value in my applications, check for the single space, and fix it programmatically but that doesn't work for everyone else. 

Is there a setting to force the locator to honor the multiple spaces?

ArcGIS Pro 3

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

There is no setting for what you are encountering, but it sounds like a bug. If you have maintenance, please submit this to Support.

0 Kudos
BryanLynn1
New Contributor III

For everyone's info, I reported the issue to support back in Nov. 2022 and they have listed it as a bug. Here is the info:

1. Bug number: BUG-000153603
  2. Synopsis:  ArcGIS Pro Locate pane returns a value with 1 space although the Value in the Reference Data from the custom locator with 2 spaces
  3. Status: New
0 Kudos