Export Training Data for Deep Learning tool fails after running for hours

01-03-2024 11:25 AM
Labels (1)
HollyTorpey_LSA
Occasional Contributor III

Hi all,

I'm getting an Error 999999 when I run Export Training Data for Deep Learning. It runs for hours, creates the folder structure, fills it with tiles and labels, creates the map.txt file, and then fails with no explanation:  "Something unexpected caused the tool to fail. Contact Esri Technical Support (http://esriurl.com/support) to Report a Bug, and refer to the error help for potential solutions or workarounds".

It does not create the stats.txt file or the esri_accumulated_stats.json and esri_model_definition.emd files that I believe it creates when it runs successfully.

I have exported similar training datasets using the same exact imagery and parameters without error. The only difference I can come up with is that this is a larger training dataset and it covers several non-contiguous areas, whereas my previous training datasets were all contiguous features. I don't know why that would matter but maybe it does. I've tried it with polygon overlap ratios of 0 and 0.2 with the same result.

Here is the error:

HollyTorpey_LSA_0-1704308994297.png

Here are my parameters: 

HollyTorpey_LSA_1-1704309426137.png

Here's the output:

HollyTorpey_LSA_2-1704309491610.png

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what could be causing the failure? Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer!

- Holly
2 Replies
Bastien
New Contributor II

I have the same problem with this tool: error 999999. Except that in my case it crash just after the creation of the "images" and "labels" folder. How can we even try to understand what is wrong when the debugging information don't provide anything useful. 

Bastien
New Contributor II

I still don't know why this error happens, but I've solved my problem by putting every file (tif, feature class, mask polygon) on my local SSD drive. It seems to fail if one ressource is on a network drive. However this is still painful since my .TIFF file is laaaarge file.