Errors when using Manage Tile Cache to create new tile cache

09-12-2023 01:05 PM
MereFyfe
New Contributor

I am consistently getting errors when I try to use the Manage Tile Cache tool to create a new tile cache. Using ArcGIS Pro v 3.1.

-------

Error messages:

Start Time: Tuesday, September 12, 2023 3:53:05 PM

Generating tile cache using 16 parallel instances.
Generating tile cache for feature with OID: 1.
WARNING 001518: Failed to build tile cache for feature with OID = 1.
ERROR 999999: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail. Contact Esri Technical Support (http://esriurl.com/support) to Report a Bug, and refer to the error help for potential solutions or workarounds.
The index was either too large or too small.
ERROR 001517: Failed to generate tiles for SurfaceLayers.
Failed to execute (ManageTileCache).

Failed at Tuesday, September 12, 2023 3:56:23 PM (Elapsed Time: 3 minutes 17 seconds)

-------

Thoughts? I am not doing anything crazy here, just trying to build a very simple cache. I have tried multiple cache locations on my computer either on the local C: drive or in synced OneDrive folders or in the same folder area as my geodatabase, etc., and nothing is working. I have reduced the number of scales to build based on my data and set parallel processing to 100%. Not sure what to do to get around these errors.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mistersig_cc
New Contributor II

I recently created a custom tile using the steps outlined in this documentation. If you follow all the steps you should have a ground tile that you can use.

https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/faq-is-it-possible-to-create-a-custom-elevation-layer-....

0 Kudos
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I am getting the same error in 3.2 running this tool. 

0 Kudos
MereFyfe
New Contributor

Sorry to hear but also glad to hear I'm not the only one. The tool is continuing to fail for me in 3.2 as well. VERY irritating!

0 Kudos
Laura
MVP Regular Contributor

I have a case open for uploading imagery to create a basemap in portal and have notified them of the error I am getting - have yet to receive a response, but can update here if we find anything. 

CodyBiles
New Contributor

Any update on this error? I'm getting the same thing.

0 Kudos
Laura
MVP Regular Contributor

My issue was related to a bug 

BUG-000155786
0 Kudos