edit non spatial table

09-13-2022 12:29 PM
Labels (3)
solidsnake
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have searched in the blog a way to edit non spatial table (insert, update, delete) in web map or web app builder, but it apear that there is no way to do it (except for the related data to feature), it work only for feature layer.

so il have thinked of a way of accessing data outside the arcgis environement and i have used an ODBC connector to open the table in Access.

The table can be opened and edited, but the objectid, globalid and calculation with attributes rules don't work. when i add data i get this message "ODBC - failed to insert into table ..... error null value"

But when i set the value of the objectid manually it inserts the data and if we check on arcgis pro the data is in but it apear that the objectid or globalid didn'n work because the globalid value is {0000000}, and when i add new data in arcgis pro the objectid sequence may interfere with the value i set manually in Access

I think the field with calculation doesn't work ,

I am wondring if there is a way to solve this problème

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Non spatial tables can be edited using a web form like Survey123, or something custom that submits a request to the REST endpoint.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

My recommendation is to review the broader architecture and wholistic approach to the design.

• Must the non-spatial table remain in MS Access database? Do you need to read and write to the MS Access Table? 
  • Can the table be moved to an Enterprise geodatabase, still remain non-spatial?
  • Test the read, write scenarios using ArcGIS Pro just to validate capability before editing through web apps.
  • If continuing to use Access table, review Work with OLE DB connections    
  • Preference will be to move the table to a supported database for read-write through ArcGIS. Once transitioned, choose one of the ready-to-use apps for your editing needs.
Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos