Directional Distribution Symbology

2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
JillClogston
New Contributor III

Hi all!

I have a two-part question for you. 

I ran a directional distribution to create a standard deviation ellipse. When adjusting the symbology, the fill color works just fine, but the outline/border won't display. The preview pane in the symbology window shows the border, but the map will not. I've tried moving the layer with the ellipse to the top of my layers with no effect:

JillClogston_1-1713136657330.png

Where should I be looking to troubleshoot my border issue? Or is it something that is meant not to have a border?

Also, in the image above you can see a faint spider-web pattern to the polygon. What might this be?

Thank you!
Jill

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SeaRM
by
New Contributor III

I think your outline is just too thin than the ellipse is. So the outline isn't visible. Try to define the outline width not in meters, but in pixels. I think it might help.

JillClogston
New Contributor III

Ah, great catch @SeaRM! Thank you! Now, need to figure out how to change from meters!

0 Kudos
SeaRM
by
New Contributor III

@JillClogston You can try to do it in your project options.

SeaRM_0-1713234069035.pngSeaRM_1-1713234146221.png

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/mapping/layer-properties/units-and-symbol-size.htm

But actually I cannot find there pixels, it's my mistake. But you can change your meters to other units by default anyway.

Good luck!

ODWC_GIS
New Contributor III

No, you've got it!  Nearly everyone thinks of them as pixels, but they're called "points."  It's a layout term.

You've got Points selected in your 2D Symbol Display Units gui.