Custom Basemap not exporting or printing to PDF

02-09-2024 05:45 AM
marksm_macomb
Occasional Contributor

Hi there,

I have a layout in pro that uses a custom basemap I made using the Vector Tile Style Editor, it's basically just the Esri Community basemap with some of the labels removed. I have other layers in the map as well, some from my ArcGIS Online content and some saved locally. Some of the layers do have a transparency set on them, including the basemap itself.

I have tried both exporting my layout and printing to PDF (using Bluebeam), and with both of these methods I've tried printing as an image and not. I've also tried removing the transparency on the basemap but I still cannot get the basemap to print. All the other layers are printing fine, it's just the custom basemap that's giving me a hard time. 

Has anyone else run into this problem and know a work around?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

That's not good. Is this limited to PDF? Does it work in other formats? If it works in other formats there might be a setting in the PDF export that can be adjusted to work. If it doesn't work in any format there could be a larger bug.

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
marksm_macomb
Occasional Contributor

Just tried exporting to JPEG and PNG and those also did not work 😞 

0 Kudos
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm sorry, that's really frustrating!! I recommend reaching out to Esri technical support as they can do further analysis and if there is a bug get it to the proper team to fix. You can contact them here https://support.esri.com/en-us/contact

Cheers,
Aubri
MicZatorsky_AEC
Occasional Contributor III

Try Python.  It shouldn't work, but it often does.

import arcpy

# Define the output PDF path
output_pdf_path = r'c:\temp\the.pdf'

# Access the current project
project = arcpy.mp.ArcGISProject("CURRENT")

# Access the specific layout by its name
layout = project.listLayouts('Layout')[0] # Assumes 'Layout' is the name of your layout

# Export the layout to a PDF file
layout.exportToPDF(output_pdf_path)

print(f"Exported layout to '{output_pdf_path}' successfully.")