Create Fibre Utility Network model using PostGreSQL

Jump to solution
07-18-2023 09:12 PM
Labels (3)
DeepikaJain01
New Contributor III

Dear Community

I am trying to make a Utility Network Model for fibre Optics, I want to know if I can use PostGres as the enterprise database for the utility network. The ArcGIS Enterprise version is 10.8

Tags (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Postgresql is supported as a geodatabase but there could be issues with performance, etc. We have seen performance issues on SQL Server.

I believe another issue you will encounter is which version of Enterprise supports UN Telco. I'm pretty sure you'll need 10.9.1+

Good luck

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Postgresql is supported as a geodatabase but there could be issues with performance, etc. We have seen performance issues on SQL Server.

I believe another issue you will encounter is which version of Enterprise supports UN Telco. I'm pretty sure you'll need 10.9.1+

Good luck

0 Kudos
DeepikaJain01
New Contributor III

Hi Anthony

yes we are fulfilling the requirements, the ArcGIS Enterprise version is 10.9.1. With the help of ST_Grometry I have transported the spatial data into PostGres. I need to check how to create UN Model in PostGres or can I migrate the existing sample UN Model from ArcGIS Solutions into PostGres.

0 Kudos