Clip a Living Atlas raster layer

Jump to solution
02-24-2023 08:28 PM
Labels (2)
HopeHauptman
New Contributor III

I want to clip this SSURGO soil hydrologic group layer https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=be2124509b064754875b8f0d6176cc4c

to a smaller layer in California for which I have a shapefile boundary. I am selecting the 'Clip Raster' tool but when I input the SSURGO raster layer I get the following error: 

Error 001491 Cannot process above the size limits of the image service: 'USA_Soils_Drainage_Class'. The allowed maximum number of rows and columns is 30000 and 30000 respectively. Please adjust the output extent and/or cellsize to fit within the limits.

I don't know how to proceed. How do you adjust the output extent? Is it not possible to clip Living Atlas layers to smaller sizes?  Thank you for any advice. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Each tool in arctoolbox has an Environments tab, you can set the cell size etc there in the raster section

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

13 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

suggestions in this related thread

Solved: Best practices for Clipping data from Living atlas - Esri Community

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
HopeHauptman
New Contributor III

Thank you - I tried the extract by mask tool as suggested and get the same error message regarding cell size. The error once again says Please adjust the output extent and/or cellsize to fit within the limits. Is there a tool to do this?

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried to log an incident with ESRI tech support to see if this is possible?  I would be interested in hearing how this goes as my org is trying to use more non-on premise services such as Soils instead of hosting the data on our servers, which gets stale over time.  

0 Kudos
HopeHauptman
New Contributor III

Good idea but I don't have the privileges to ask questions on ESRI support. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Each tool in arctoolbox has an Environments tab, you can set the cell size etc there in the raster section

... sort of retired...
HopeHauptman
New Contributor III

Perfect this worked thank you much.

Also if you double-click on the larger raster in the portal you can then see the individual smaller rasters and those can be clipped. Both methods work. 

0 Kudos
PierreOlivierDebray
New Contributor

Hi, I am having the same issue, however, I can't figure out how to apply the solution. I found the Environments tab you mentioned but I can't seem to find a way to set the cell size to a bigger size. Thank for your help.

PierreOlivierDebray_0-1686246729886.png

0 Kudos
cat206
by
Occasional Contributor

I'm having the same issue and can't find where to set the cell size either

0 Kudos
Hope-Hauptman
Occasional Contributor

You could try the Geoprocessing tool 'Resample' which should work. 

0 Kudos