Cannot georeference raster in Local Map?

Jump to solution
03-15-2024 02:01 PM
Labels (2)
JGJ252
by
New Contributor II

Simple issue: When I try to georeference a raster which I have added via "Add Data" to a Local style map, Imagery > Georeference is grayed-out and unusable. If I do exactly the same with a 2D Map, Georeference is available and works fine.
Have I missed something obvious in the docs  (I'm fairly new to ArcGIS Pro)? I did re-read and search for an explanation prior to posting, but found nothing relevant.
Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JGJ252
by
New Contributor II

Just to follow up to my own question, 🙂
I was able to chat with support, who confirmed that importing and georeferencing a standard raster (an image file, not a 3D file) in a 3D map is not possible, at least directly. The workaround I found was to import the raster into the 2D map, georeference it, and then copy it over to the 3D map. Works fine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JGJ252
by
New Contributor II

Just to follow up to my own question, 🙂
I was able to chat with support, who confirmed that importing and georeferencing a standard raster (an image file, not a 3D file) in a 3D map is not possible, at least directly. The workaround I found was to import the raster into the 2D map, georeference it, and then copy it over to the 3D map. Works fine.

0 Kudos