ArcPro Freezes When Interacting With Shapefile or Feature Class in the Contents Pane

03-22-2024 06:33 AM
CPE_fmarshall
New Contributor II

Hello all!

One of my co-workers has been encountering an error that I have not seen before. We are using ArcPro 3.2 Patch (3.2.2). My co-worker started encountering the error about 1 month ago. He is able to setup a map and bring shapefiles and features classes into the map. These files display without any issues. If he right clicks on the name of the shapefile/feature class in the Catalog pane, ArcPro freezes and crashes. This also occurs if he tries to double click on the shapefile/feature class in order to rename it within the Catalog pane. This issue does not occur when he interacts with raster datasets. This occurs for any projects he opens or creates and for all shapefile/feature class datasets that he has worked with. Our company runs our GIS software on a remote desktop. He is the only user that has encountered this issue. I have worked with the same datasets and have not encountered the issue. I wanted to see if anybody has encountered this issue and how to resolve it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
torearth
New Contributor II

Does your organization use a cybersecurity software such as Z Scaler? When I worked for an organization that used this software it caused all sorts of issues when trying to remote into a computer and use ArcGIS Pro. Another option could be creating a new map, copying the data into a new .gdb and see if the same issue occurs. 

0 Kudos