ArcGIS Pro software requirements check says .NET Desktop Runtime inadequate after installing latest version

12-08-2023 01:03 PM
Labels (1)
imansbburg
New Contributor III

I updated my version of MS .NET Desktop Runtime based on the system requirements tech check, but it still says I have an insufficient version. Wouldn't the latest version be enough? Does it have to be version 6.x? 

I currently use ArcPro 2.9.0 and was looking to jump up to 3.2.0

ms dot net for arcpro.JPG

0 Kudos
7 Replies
BarryNorthey
Occasional Contributor III

Saw this before and I believe the answer was yes, you need 6.0.5 or a later 6x patch installed.

luqmankeita
New Contributor

Ok merci pour la reponse je vais installer ces correctifs et reessayer.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It is clearly stated in your image.

Desktop Runtime 7 or later is inconsequential to ArcGIS Pro 3.0

You have: 8.0.0

Which means you have to install a 6.x version to use

It is listed in the help topics for 3.2

ArcGIS Pro 3.2 system requirements—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Software Minimum requirement
Microsoft .NET

Microsoft .NET Desktop Runtime 6.0.5 or a later patch release (6.0.6 and so on), using a Windows x64 installer, is required. The presence of Microsoft .NET Desktop Runtime 7 or later is inconsequential.

... sort of retired...
RonaldHaug
Occasional Contributor II

FYI - The link for the .Net download is in the ArcGIS Pro 3.2 system requirements—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

So go there, scroll down the page and download the .NET file, execute it and restart your computer.

And away you go! 🙂

0 Kudos
imansbburg
New Contributor III

the 'or later release...' was rather puzzling since the 8.x etc to me would have indicated later than 6. Sorry for the dumb question; my IT colleague didn't seem to understand the inconsequential statement either. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps the statement could have been more explicit, like ... must have NET 6... don't bother with NET 7 or above

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
BarryNorthey
Occasional Contributor III

FYI. "Microsoft designed the .NET Framework so that multiple versions of the framework can be installed and used at the same time.  This means that there will be no conflict if multiple applications install different versions of the .NET framework on a single computer."

0 Kudos