ArcGIS Pro Domains not displaying

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
Labels (2)
ECurcie
New Contributor II

I am using ArcGIS Pro 3.1 and recently implemented the Utility Network for our Sewer data. I need to add some fields, and tables to the data, but I can't edit the schema myself. Right now I am building models for our IT department to run so that it may be applied to our base data. They can just point to the database or layer and click run, and everything I need to happen will happen. Perfect.

The first model I built took the database and created a bunch of domains and added values to them so that I could call them in future steps. worked perfectly.

The second model took the feature layers as inputs and added fields to them, applying those domains. Again, worked perfectly. When looking at the data and at the database I can see the domains, values and everything as it should be, the same as the fields I didn't create.  But the drop down to give me a selection is not appearing for these new fields. I have checked every thread and tried every solution I could find on the topic, but no luck. I tried editing in the attributes tab, the values are not showing up there either. I look in the settings and they are all listed correctly. They are even listed if I look at the fields to select a default.

Any Ideas on what I am missing?

Domain Example.JPG

 Here is an example of one of the created domains, and its values in the db domains section.

Set default.JPG

 setting the default is easy, all the values are showing up. but if I try to edit one of these fields in the table or attribute toolbar, nothing is there.

attribute tool.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@ECurcie is it possible the feature class has subtypes and you need to add your domain on the subtype?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@ECurcie is it possible the feature class has subtypes and you need to add your domain on the subtype?

0 Kudos
ECurcie
New Contributor II

Had not seen that as a suggestion, and that was the point missed. Thank you Scott

ECurcie
New Contributor II

It looks like the model is only applying the domain assignment to the Unknown subtype. I am looking for a tool to apply it to each subtype, because I won't be able to edit it later and the IT dept wont be able to click through each subtype of each field and apply each of these.

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@ECurcie Can you use the Assign Domain To Field tool and choose all subtypes within the tool?

Scott_Harris_0-1715107002776.png

ECurcie
New Contributor II

I was looking in the original add field tool. Thank you again Scott. you've made my day a lot easier.