ArcGIS Pro 3.1. fails when attempting to use Train Deep Learning Model tool. No error code.

03-15-2024 09:23 AM
Labels (2)
ScarletMaguire
New Contributor II

Hi. I am trying to train a deep learning model using the output from the Label Objects for Deep Learning tool. However, after clicking 'run' it almost immediately returns with a failed notice. There is no error code, and instead it reads as follows:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\toolboxes\Image Analyst Tools.tbx\TrainDeepLearningModel.tool\tool.script.execute.py", line 315, in execute
    data_bunch = prepare_data(in_folders, working_dir=out_folder, **prepare_data_kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\site-packages\arcgis\learn\_data.py", line 3132, in prepare_data
    x_shape = data.train_ds[0][0].shape
  File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\site-packages\fastai\data_block.py", line 657, in __getitem__
    if self.item is None: x,y = self.x[idxs],self.y[idxs]
  File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\site-packages\fastai\data_block.py", line 120, in __getitem__
    if isinstance(idxs, Integral): return self.get(idxs)
  File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\site-packages\fastai\vision\data.py", line 270, in get
    fn = super().get(i)
  File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\site-packages\fastai\data_block.py", line 75, in get
    return self.items[i]
IndexError: index 0 is out of bounds for axis 0 with size 0

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\toolboxes\Image Analyst Tools.tbx\TrainDeepLearningModel.tool\tool.script.execute.py", line 397, in <module>
    execute()
  File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\toolboxes\Image Analyst Tools.tbx\TrainDeepLearningModel.tool\tool.script.execute.py", line 391, in execute
    del data_bunch
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'data_bunch' referenced before assignment
Failed script Train Deep Learning Model...
Failed to execute (TrainDeepLearningModel).

I can only determine two possible error messages: IndexError: index 0 is out of bounds for axis 0 with size 0 and UnboundLocalError: local variable 'data_bunch' referenced before assignment. Even after looking online, I don't understand what these errors are or how to solve them.

Any advice on this issue would be appreciated, thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

This appears to be BUG-000160687 - "The Train Deep Learning Model tool returns the following error message, "IndexError: index 0 is out of bounds for axis 0 with size 0." when there is a space character in the Classname field attributes of the training sample feature class."  If you open the attribute table of the rooftops layer, under the Classname field, notice the attributes contains a space character - (i.e. roof top)

0 Kudos