ArcGIS Pro 1.2 crashing - Insert New Map into a Project

05-04-2016 11:11 AM
TylerSchwartz2
Occasional Contributor II

Just wanted to pass this along to anyone at ESRI.  Every time I add an additional new map to a particular project (after having 1 map already open), ArcGIS Pro crashes.  This appears to be repeatable, because every time I create a Project and attempt to add that additional map it happens. So essentially, right now 1 project = 1 map which makes storing and organizing my projects difficult to say the least.

Im running a brand new Lenovo desktop with a fresh install of Windows 8. Event viewer (windows app) shows the following errors at the time of the crash (first error starts at the bottom):

-----------------------------

LevelDate and TimeSourceEvent IDTask Category
Error5/4/2016 12:57Microsoft-Windows-Perflib1008NoneThe Open Procedure for service "WmiApRpl" in DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiaprpl.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.
Error5/4/2016 12:57Microsoft-Windows-PerfNet2004NoneUnable to open the Server service performance object. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the status code.
Error5/4/2016 12:57Microsoft-Windows-Perflib1008NoneThe Open Procedure for service "MSDTC" in DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdtcuiu.DLL" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.
Error5/4/2016 12:57Microsoft-Windows-Perflib1008NoneThe Open Procedure for service "Lsa" in DLL "C:\Windows\System32\Secur32.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.
Error5/4/2016 12:57Microsoft-Windows-Perflib1008NoneThe Open Procedure for service "ESENT" in DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\esentprf.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.
Error5/4/2016 12:57Microsoft-Windows-Perflib1008NoneThe Open Procedure for service "CcmFramework" in DLL "FrameworkPerf.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.
Error5/4/2016 12:57Microsoft-Windows-Perflib1008NoneThe Open Procedure for service "BITS" in DLL "C:\Windows\System32\bitsperf.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.
Error5/4/2016 12:57Microsoft-Windows-Perflib1008NoneThe Open Procedure for service ".NETFramework" in DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\mscoree.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.
Error5/4/2016 12:56.NET Runtime1026NoneApplication: ArcGISPro.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AggregateException
Stack:
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskExceptionHolder.Finalize()

--------------------------

Hopefully this can help debug some issues? Perhaps its an issue with my version of .NET framework? Ive also submitted the error reports to esri via the popup window, but wanted to see if anyone here had any ideas...

Tags (2)
4 Replies
TylerSchwartz2

I can also confirm I am running .NET Framework 4.5.2 by using RegEdit to check my version number.  Our IT department also confirms this.

The crash message says Framework Version: v4.0.30319 and Im wondering how this can be (unless 4.5.2 runs under the 4.0.3 version?). Secondly, the error mentions something about multi-threading, and Im wondering if this is related to ArcGIS Pro's new support of multi-threading and perhaps there is some sort of bug related to this.  

If this is a bug, is it is being passed on to ESRI support?  Any information on this issue is welcome, for instance, are others having this same problem?  Can others add multiple maps to the same project without issues?  Am I alone on this? Thank you.

0 Kudos
TylerSchwartz2

Computer specs:

System

Processor: Intel Xeon CPU E3-1245 v5 @ 3.50ghz

Cores: 8 cores@3.50 ghz

RAM: 16GB

GPU: NVIDIA Quadro M4000 (driver v. 10.18.13.6213, the most recent)

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Tyler,

Do you get the "error report" dialog, and are you sending in the error reports?

J

0 Kudos
TylerSchwartz2

Hi Jeremy,

Yes I am getting the error report dialog and have been sending in error reports.  Some of the crash logs are rather large (5-7MB) and I have been sending those in manually to the arcgiserrorreport email.  Thank you for the reply.

-Tyler

0 Kudos