ArcGIS Pro 1.0 crashing constantly

Jump to solution
02-23-2015 01:09 PM
JanicePerez
New Contributor III

ArcGIS Pro 1.0 has been crashing constantly. I do not notice any notable workflows causing it. It happens while I'm doing any and everything-- from just turning off or on a layer to simply changing text to just switching between map tabs. Here is the error I receive:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: ArcGISPro.exe

Application Version: 1.0.0.1808

Application Timestamp: 54c13b1e

Fault Module Name: DX11System.dll

Fault Module Version: 11.0.0.1808

Fault Module Timestamp: 54c13cae

Exception Code: 80000003

Exception Offset: 0000000000010e06

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 1f44

Additional Information 2: 1f44a4c1109c0fcf146724c418e94ebd

Additional Information 3: 133f

Additional Information 4: 133ff95ab0df2c02308c9d787c59fbfb

Anyone have any ideas what may be causing this? The crashing has made this software near impossible to use.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

janice,

1.  Make sure you're sending in the error reports from Pro.

2.  Update your graphics card driver to the latest from the manufacturer, NOT from windows update.

3.  Try switching from DirectX to OpenGL if you're still seeing the problem after a driver update.

3.  Contact Esri Technical support for interactive assistance with the problem at any time.

Regards,

Jeremy W.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies
JenniferMcCall4
Occasional Contributor III

Could this possibly be an issue with the machine running ArcGIS Pro?  For instance, the recommended RAM is 8GB.  What are the specs of your machine?

0 Kudos
JanicePerez
New Contributor III

Hi Jennifer, Thanks for your reply. I have 8GB RAM on a 64-bit operating system with Intel Core i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40 GHz. Any ideas?

Also, I'd like to note that this is the only software on my computer that has this problem.

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

janice,

1.  Make sure you're sending in the error reports from Pro.

2.  Update your graphics card driver to the latest from the manufacturer, NOT from windows update.

3.  Try switching from DirectX to OpenGL if you're still seeing the problem after a driver update.

3.  Contact Esri Technical support for interactive assistance with the problem at any time.

Regards,

Jeremy W.

0 Kudos
JanicePerez
New Contributor III

Hi Jeremy, thank you very much for your response. Yes, I have been sending all my error reports to ESRI. I have also updated my graphics card driver and switched from DirectX to OpenGL. The crashing is actually less frequent now (from every 2-5 minutes to every 20-30 minutes). This has improved functionality but crashes are still common. I'll continue to send my error reports in to help ESRI improve their bugs.

0 Kudos
KirstenPinkston
Esri Contributor

Hi Janice,

You might also consider disabling your antivirus/ spyware as a test to see if there is any conflict there. If the crashing still persists, you can always reach out to Tech Support for more testing, but if not you can try adding ArcGIS Pro to the exclusions list of your antivirus software so you can run Pro going forward. I hope this helps!

Best,

Kirsten

JanicePerez
New Contributor III

Hi ESRI,

The setting change from DirectX to OpenGL worked to provide me more functionality in ArcGIS Pro 1.0, i.e. less software crashes. However, I have since updated to ArcGIS 1.1 and now the crashing is constant. The setting change from DirectX to OpenGL actually makes it worse. No spyware detected and antivirus disabled. Do you folks have any other ideas as to why this may be happening? There is no specific work flow that leads to crashes. Anything I do basically crashes the program within a couple minutes.

Thank you,

Janice

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Janice,

Can you let us know the following?

1.  Make/Model of display adapter.  you can see this in device manager under "Display Adapters" section

2.  Driver version of display adapter.  This is in the PROPERTIES of the display adapter in device manager.

Regards,

Jeremy W.

0 Kudos
JanicePerez
New Contributor III

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the quick reply. Here is the information you requested:

Intel(R) HD Graphics Family- Driver version: 10.18.10.3412

NVIDIA Quadro K1100M- Driver version: 9.18.13.5306

Thanks,

Janice

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Janice.

OK, when you switch to OpenGL what "Fault Module Name" do you see?

0 Kudos