3D Basemap multipatch creation fails for half the buildings

02-17-2023 05:31 AM
BenjaminLindNilsson
New Contributor

Hi,

I am using the latest version of the 3D Basemap solution together with ArcGIS Pro 3.0. When running the Create Buildings task i can successfully create DTM, DSM and NDSM, I hava a valid LAS dataset and a layer with building footprints. These footprints and the LAS dataset have been used in previous versions of the script in ArcGIS Pro 2.8 and 2.9 without a hitch. Now however, the script seems to struggle to create anything from half of the footprints.

I am surprised that I have not seen any others with the same issue. I thought perhaps it could be an incompatibility between the new script and the old footprints feature but it seems improbable and I do not know how to test if that is the issue.

BenjaminLindNilsson_0-1676640609614.png

I hope the image demonstrates the problem clearly. Has anybody happened upon a similar problem? Happy for any suggestions!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BenjaminLindNilsson
New Contributor

After a lot of troubleshooting I found that there were two problems here.

Firstly, the missing buildings in this picture are a result of some of the footprints being concidered to be 'outside' of the ndsm raster.

The second problem and the reason why some buildings were missing from the whole City Model was that the version of Python installed on our computers was outdated. 

0 Kudos