Text Box Resizing

2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Currently, when you change the size of the text box after it's first been created with text inside, it does not tell you whether it fitting the text or not. 

It would be nice that when the user is using the mouse to change the box size, Pro will tell with the help of red dotted line or something to indicate that the text box does not fit the text anymore.  

Tags (2)
4 Comments
AubriKinghorn
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Hi, this is available for text in a layout. If the text doesn't fit you should see a red ellipse in the corner. Are you using layout text or some other kind?

AubriKinghorn_0-1714509198041.png

Ed_

Hi @AubriKinghorn thank you for the quick response. So, I was suggesting a red dashed line or something similar to show dynamically while the user is adjusting the text box size by clicking and holding the left mouse button while clicking on any of the corners of the text box.

AubriKinghorn
Status changed to: Open

Oh I see, so you want this to appear during resizing so you know if everything fits while you are still changing the text size/shape. I understand the idea now and can remove the needs clarification. You may want to update your title to mention resizing just to help people find your idea more easily.

Ed_

@AubriKinghorn yup that's the idea 🙂 thank you for suggesting the title update. I will go ahead and do that.