Rearrange project item folders/containers in Catalog Pane

11-03-2022 08:48 AM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm using Pro 3.0.3. When I'm using the Catalog Pane I would like the ability to rearrange the items in the list or remove the items I'm not using. 

The current order is: 

Maps

Toolboxes

Databases

Layouts

Styles

Folders

Locators

AndreaB_0-1667490313963.png

I do not use my own Toolbox and I don't use Locators. I would like to be able to right click to delete or remove those.

I would like my Maps and Layouts to be together at the top and then Databases, Folders, Styles. Or depending on what I'm doing, have the ability to drag and drop the order of those.

It might be a small thing but it bothers me every day. Thanks.

Tags (2)
7 Comments
wayfaringrob

Agree - this randomized order makes it really hard to find what you're looking for. Even some basic sorting options would be an improvement.

rburke_0-1675100892079.png

by Anonymous User

Thank you for the support, @wayfaringrob

ConnerSchaak

To add to this, being able to group or re-order items in Catalog Pane would be so beneficial for organizing my workflows. It'd promote the long-term use of a single APRX project file as an environment for several types of maps and projects.

ConnerSchaak

@wayfaringrob Thanks, I'll go ahead and kudos that post!

AndreaB_

OP here

Bud
by

ArcGIS Pro 2.9.12:

In the Catalog Pane > Project tab:

I want to move the Folders item (via drag-and-drop) so that it is positioned above the Databases item.

Bud_0-1713294907109.png

Use case: Easily copy/paste GDB items from an EGDB to a FGDB, without collapsing the Databases or Folders items when navigating between geodatabases.

Details: I want to keep the Folders item and the Databases item expanded at all times. But the Databases item is very big when a given EGDB connection is expanded (hundreds of FCs and tables). So the Databases item is in the way when I want to navigate to the Folders item, which is smaller (just a handful of GDBs/FCs/tables). I want to put the smaller item (Folders) above the larger item (Databases) so that I can easily navigate between the two items.

Idea: Could drag-and-drop/move functionality be added to the Catalog Pane > Project tab for root items?