Open specific pane from a list of panes

09-19-2023 09:20 AM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

There are times when I want to open a specific pane. But if it's been a while since I've used Pro, I can't always remember how to open that pane using the ArcGIS Pro UI, via the ribbon, contents/right-click menu, etc..

If I'm in a rush, I'd like to open a list of ArcGIS Pro panes and open the pane from there. That would be faster than poking around Pro trying to remember where the button for the pane is (or looking it up in the docs).

Could a clickable list of panes be added to the ArcGIS Pro UI?

For example, I was out of the office for a couple of months. When I returned, I was sharing my screen in a high-pressure meeting, and I couldn't remember how to open the labels pane (I don't do labelling very often).

I tried searching for "labels" in the Command Search, but from a quick scan, I didn't see anything obvious that would open the label pane.

Bud_0-1695140929590.png

I realize now that opening the label pane is easy enough. The label pane can be opened from the Contents right-click menu. There are likely other ways, too. But the point is, in a pinch, I would have preferred to look it up in a list of panes.

If this functionality already exists, can someone advise where it is mentioned in the docs?

Tags (2)