Make possible to download assets from 3D Feature Layer OAT tables

07-29-2022 04:33 AM
Labels (1)
ÁkosHalmai1
New Contributor

It would be nice to be able to download assets via the Attachment Manager. In certain cases (scanned borehole management) today we have to store the scanned core image twice: once as attachment to access it like a file, and once a texture on a geometry.

Tags (1)
2 Comments
RodneyChin
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Hi, can you tell us more about your workflow? My team would like to better understand what you ultimately want to do.

ÁkosHalmai1

Dear @RodneyChin,

Meantime, I realized that I need a more general solution: I want to save the content of a BLOB field to a file, from the local menu, without using the well-known arcpy code. After all, this is what Attachment Manager does, but only for specific BLOB fields. A UI-based general solution would be nice, so that you can right-click on any BLOB or Raster field and save its content. Today there are Copy and Paste commands in the local menu of a field/cell in the attribute table, but there could be a third and fourth one: "Save content..." and "Load content..." which will be enabled only on BLOB fields (and Copy/Paste could be disabled because Copy copies the word "Blob" :-)).

Ákos Halmai