Layout Table Frame Possible Bug?

10-30-2023 08:03 AM
Labels (1)
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

So if I insert a Table Frame to a layout and then increase the size of the table then I see weird behavior of repeating columns as shown below. Is this a bug or can it be fixed?

I am using Pro 3.1.1

SaadullahBaloch_0-1698678165420.png

Tags (3)
5 Comments
TomBole

Hi @Ed_ , 

This is expected behavior. The screenshot provided (thanks for that) shows the overflow ellipses ([...]) at the bottom right hand corner of the table frame. This indicates that there is not enough space to display all the data for the columns/rows in the current bounding box of the table frame.  As you make this bounding box larger, there will be more space for more data (columns/rows) to draw. Likewise, if you make the box smaller there will be less room and less data will display.

What displays also depends on table frame and table frame columns settings such as the selected table frame fitting strategy and font sizes.

For more information please see the help topic: Add and modify table frames.

Hope this helps, 

Tom

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Closed

Thanks for the response @TomBole 

@Ed_ when you have questions like this, please post to the ArcGIS Pro Questions board, not Ideas.

See the ArcGIS Ideas Submission Guidelines and Statuses for guidance on how to provide high-quality ideas to be considered by the ArcGIS Pro development team.

Thank you!

Ed_

@TomBole thank you for the quick response, so when I extend the bounding box, shouldn't it expand the column widths instead of repeating the columns? Never mind, I found how to fix that > uncheck auto width and change the width of the columns. But to restrict the number of rows, say show only 1st 10 rows, do I need apply a filter(s)?

SaadullahBaloch_0-1698683348909.png

TomBole

Currently, you cannot restrict the number of rows. You can use the custom query functionality on the table frame (ArcGIS Pro version 3.1 or later) to filter your data, or you can manually adjust the dimensions of the table frame until you only see the rows that you want.

It is important to note that the overflow ellipses - indicating that there is not enough space in the layout element to display all it's data - should not show up in exported or printed output. Its just there to let you know there is currently not enough space to display all the data.

Tom

Ed_

Yeah that make's sense so basically create a subset and chuck that into the table frame. Thanks so much for the quick response 🙂