Documentation feedback form — "Send me a copy" and "Request response" checkboxes

01-12-2024 03:03 PM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

Original post: How to suggest an idea about the Esri documentation feedback form

Ideas regarding the documentation feedback form:

Idea #1:

When submitting feedback about the docs...

Bud_0-1705100531385.png

Bud_1-1705100531389.png

...give me the option of sending a copy of the email to myself. For example, add a "Send me a copy" checkbox to the form, since I'm already providing my email address anyway for possible follow-up.

Reason:

Often, when I submit feedback, I don't hear back right away and I wonder what happened to the message I sent. If I had an email copy of the message, then at least I'd have a record of the feedback I submitted. In the future, if I come across the same issue in the docs again, I could refer to my emails to see if I already sent feedback about it or not. That would help avoid sending the same feedback multiple times.
And, in general,  it would just be handy to have a record of the feedback I sent.

Idea #2:

A checkbox for "Request response" or "Notify me of outcome".

Reason:

Most of the time, we don't get a response to feedback, even if we include our email address. That's a disincentive when it comes to submitting future feedback. If we think feedback isn’t heard, then we might not submit future feedback. But if we got a notification saying, "We have received your feedback, however, a decision has been made to leave the documentation as-is at this time, due to x." That would be better than not receiving any response, and assuming our feedback was a poor use of time.

Could the documentation team consider making those enhancements?

Thanks.

1 Comment
Bud
by

For what it's worth, technical articles like this https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/how-to-sort-and-create-a-sequentially-ordered-id-field... automatically send a confirmation email. 

Bud_0-1705951824953.png

So it seems inconsistent that the documentation feedback mechanism doesn't automatically send a confirmation email, too.