Arcade Expression Builder Line Number Labels

03-04-2024 10:40 AM
Labels (1)
Jonathan_Goergen
New Contributor III

Please add line numbers to the Arcade Expression builder within ArcGIS Pro.  Currently there are no line numbers, so to debug you need to either manually count rows or copy and paste your expression into another program (I have used Notepad++ to work around this deficiency).  Having row numbers will greatly improve the troubleshooting of Arcade Expressions within AGP.

9 Comments
SSWoodward

Thanks for the idea @Jonathan_Goergen,

What version of pro are you on?  Are you not able to right click and select 'show line numbers'?

This Idea is related:
Turn on line number by default 

SSWoodward
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Jonathan_Goergen

I can do that - I never tried.  I would have just expected them to be there.  Thank for the tip - I agree with the linked Idea that is should be the default behavior, or a fixed behavior.  

SSWoodward
Status changed to: Already Offered

SSWoodward

Thanks @Jonathan_Goergen,

Go ahead and give a kudo to the linked idea if you haven't already.  Thanks for sharing your idea!

I've closed this as already offered.

KenBuja

I don't see this option available on the Arcade Element editor.

editor1.png

SSWoodward

@KenBuja 

Could you share what version of Pro you are in and how you accessed that dialog so I can bring this to the attention of the correct team?

KenBuja

@SSWoodwardI'm using ArcGIS Pro 3.2.2 and this is in the Configure Popup dialog. Click on the Arcade icon and edit icon on the element itself.

editor2.png

CraigWilliams
Status changed to: Implemented

This has been implemented. If you do not see line numbers, Right click on a blank space in the editor and enable them.

The Arcade element in the popup not using the Arcade editor is a separate issue we have an internally logged bug for. That UX lacks all Arcade features. I will expose a bug for tracking purposes shortly and update this post. We've logged an issue for this as BUG-000165664.