Select to view content in your preferred language

Add a "Access and Use Constraints" field to the ArcMap map document properties interface

12-31-2010 09:32 AM
Labels (1)
GregBonynge
Occasional Contributor

To facilitate publishing map service records to ArcGIS.com, it'd be useful if a new "Access and Use Constraints" field were added to ArcMap's map document properties interface.

Currently if I want to document any Access and Use Constraints for my map services and associated MXD's, I need to include them in the map document properties' "description" field.  This is OK until I want to publish any given map service on ArcGIS.com.  After publishing a new map service to ArcGIS.com, I feel compelled to go in and manually edit the ArcGIS.com description so that the Access and Use Constraints from associated with my MXD appear in the correct ArcGIS.com field, rather than leave it blank.

If this idea were implemented, it may subsequently help to implement an idea submitted earlier that addresses synchronizing ArcGIS.com map service descriptions with their parent map services hosted by any given ArcGIS.com contributor.

2 Comments
CraigWilliams
Status changed to: Closed

ArcGIS Desktop is in mature support and will be retired March 1, 2026 so we won’t be considering this idea. We recommend that you migrate to ArcGIS Pro, our fully supported desktop GIS application. See Migrate from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro for more information. Thank you for taking the time to share your ideas. We truly appreciate your contributions to continuously improving the software to help you do your work and look forward to what ideas you have for ArcGIS Pro.