Any ideas on how to import multiple parcels at once using the Traverse import tool?

09-07-2022 02:50 PM
Labels (3)
avonmoos
Occasional Contributor

Any ideas on how to import multiple parcels at once using the Traverse import tool? Currently it seems you can only import a parcel at a time. I tried exporting 2 separate lots then stacking the text and importing that file but Traverse will only import the first lot.

avonmoos_0-1662588491432.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The Traverse tool in Pro is not parcel-specific, and can be used to create line and polygon features in any layer. It can create or modify a series of end-snapped lines, or a single polygon, but cannot do branching paths or multiple polygons.

Where are your lot traverses being exported from? There are a number of ways to get COGO lines into Pro, depending on the input data you're working with.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
Andrew_Lintz_DRGA
New Contributor II

Curious if any solution has been found?   I have a folder with 1200 "ArcMap Traverse Files" in .txt format. I can import them individually, each work great... but doing so manually is/will be a pain.  I've tried packing multiple into one file, but despite having a stated Start Point in X Y for each new line, ArcGIS Pro 3.1 acts as if the end of the last segment is the start point. I ended up with a continuous line with only the the first at the correct Start Point location. 

Any advise?

0 Kudos