Alignment Question

02-21-2024 02:28 PM
Labels (1)
CFECAK
by
New Contributor II

I am trying to align a preliminary subdivision into the pro fabric, it appears to align correctly.  When I do a validate on the topology using the out of the box rules it changes an easement polygon.  What could make this happen?  I have attached a document with the first image showing the area before a validate and the second after the validate.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KevinPriestley
Esri Contributor

A couple clarifying questions:

1. Are you seeing this issue after you validate topology or align parcels?

2. What parcel types are you using to manage subdivisions, parcels, and easements?

3. What version of Pro are you using?

The Align Parcels tools can modify the geometry of features in multiple parcel types to prevent misalignments--for example, to prevent the emergence of gaps between rights of ways and lots when you align new lot parcels to existing lot parcels. If you store easements in their own parcel type, you might try turning off the editability of the easements group layer, then running alignment.

If that's not possible, you might try working with the Align Parcels tool to manually add/delete anchor points and links to ensure the right features move during the alignment.

0 Kudos
CFECAK
by
New Contributor II

1. After I validate topology. 

2.  We migrated our Map fabric to the pro fabric and created the parcel types:  Simultaneous Conveyance, Conveyance Division, Encumbrance and Tax.  (Attached is a view of catalog)

3. 3.1.2

I have had only the subdivisions editable and perform the Validate and it changes the easements. 

With the subdivision I am working with I created all the links myself. 

0 Kudos